Some interesting facts about the Kentucky and this weekend’s upcoming game:
- Florida has played 62 games vs Kentucky making them the Gator’s most played team.
- Since 1980 the Gators are 30-1 in games vs Kentucky. Florida currently owns a 25-game win-streak against Kentucky. It marks the longest active win-streak in the nation in a current series against a major conference opponent. The last win for Kentucky came in 1986 (10-3 in Lexington).
- Kentucky as a school: “Founded in 1865 (to capitalize on the Morrill Act), the University of Kentucky is situated on 784 acres in Lexington, in the heart of Kentucky’s bluegrass region. Ranked No. 128 by U.S. News and World Report, UK boasts several “Top 20” programs, including geography, nursing, and entomology. Kentucky was co-educational by 1904, and racially integrated in 1949. In fact, despite the notorious racism of fabled basketball coach Adolph Rupp, Kentucky became the first SEC school to have African-American athletes on its football team.”
- Kentucky is coming off a 32-31 overtime loss at home vs. Western Kentucky last weekend. The Wildcats dropped their season opener at Louisville and picked up a win at home against Kent State on September 8.
- Kentucky comes to Gainesville with the SEC’s top passing attack. Kentucky has been a one dimensional team this season. Their 68 rushing attempts on the season are just eight more attempts than Maxwell Smith’s passing attempts against WKU. Only four schools have attempted more passes than Kentucky through three games
- Comments made by former Kentucky quarterback, Jared Lorenzen might propel the Gators to strive for at least 50 points.
- You can’t watch the game on cable unless you are in Florida, but we will be able to watch at our viewing location at the Stained Glass Pub in Elkridge.
Look forward to seeing everyone out this weekend for the game. Go Gators!Sources: